Friday, March 5, 2010

PPPDC logo

Here were 3 logo options that were presented to the Public-Private Partnership of Dane County. A mouthful, I know! It was a challenge creating a logo for an organization with such a long name, which, by the way, operated for years without one, so I took the liberty of condensing it to PPPDC in one of the logos and the Board ended up liking the idea so much (because they themselves were tired of having to say such a long name each time) that they ended up choosing that one. Even though it's not the "prettiest" it serves their purpose and actually does them a huge favor. Maybe now they'll actually gain more recognition with their new, and much shorter, name. As a designer, I always look forward to creating logos for "fun" clients like Bakeries or Photographers, but every now and then I appreciate a challenge. PPPDC was definitely that!

(My personal favorite is the green logo simply because I think it does the best job of representing the organization which is actually a board of members from 3 different organizations that come together in times of need - hence the 3 green ribbons.)

No comments: